RV Clione CLI1A/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1988-01-05 — 1988-01-13|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To participate in the ICES co-ordinated herring larval survey of regions IVC and VIID.
2. To sample herring larvae and their potential food organisms in a study of their diet and feeding status.
3. To run the MS44 echo sounder continuously and to note potential adult herring concentrations.
4. To participate in the Autumn Circulation Experiment (ACE) sampling programme, with two rows of MIK trawl net stations along latitudes 55º15'N (10 stations) and 54º15'N (9 stations).
5. To recover the Argos buoy rigs which remain in the area from the autumn herring larvae survey.
|Chief scientist||John H Nichols (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Specific||S. & Central N. Sea/ E. English Channel|
|Track charts||(0.04 MB)|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 72|
Description: surface only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 72|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 72|
Description: stations sampled using the Methot Isaacs Kidd trawl.