RV Corystes COR7/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1988-09-20 — 1988-10-13|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a survey for 0- and 1-group gadoids in the northwestern Irish Sea using the Granton trawl.
2. To carry out a pre-recruit flatfish survey in the eastern Irish Sea using the commercial 4m beam trawl.
3. To carry out a pre-recruit flatfish survey in the Bristol Channel using the commercial 4m beam trawl.
4. To tag pre-recruit soles off the North Wales coast, Red Wharf Bay and off the River Ribble.
5. To investigate the variation in pre-recruit flatfish catch rates over 24h periods.
6. To compare the flatfish catch rates of the 4m and the 3m beam trawls.
7. If time permits, to repeat the gadoid trawl stations in the northwestern Irish Sea using the 4m beam trawl. Ten of the twelve stations were repeated.
|Chief scientist||David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Irish Sea/ Bristol Channel|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 77|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 191|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of hauls = 74|
Description: pre-recruit sole