Planned maintenance — 26th November 2016 between 15:00 and 15:30 BST [more]
RV Corystes COR8/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1988-10-22 — 1988-11-03|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To investigate predation rates and prey selection in cod and whiting. This involves: (a) Survey and abundance of cod and whiting and their demersal prey using a Portuguese high-headline trawl (Including 24h sampling periods to investigate diurnal patterns); (b) Sampling of stomach contents and preservation of material for analysis in the laboratory; (c) Survey of the macrobenthos using a 3m beam trawl. Accomplished.
2. Identification of the incidence of diseases in dab and cod. The delay to the start of the cruise forced some sites to be abandoned.
3. Collection of live invertebrates for UEA.
4. Collection of trash fish for laboratory feeding experiments.
5. Collection of Nephrops samples (200 per sample, T Macer)
6. Collection of herring and sprat samples (P Johnson)
7. Collection of commercial fish species for analysis of pollutants. (A Franklin)
8. Collection of long rough dab (D Harding).
Aims 3-8. Insufficient Nephrops were caught to provide a sample, otherwise all sampling requirements were fulfilled.
|Chief scientist||Peter J Bromley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|Specific||S. North Sea|
|Track charts||(0.03 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
Description: recording bottom temperature only
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytobenthos||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 47|