Planned maintenance — 26th November 2016 between 15:00 and 15:30 BST [more]
RV Cirolana CIR2/89
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1989-01-27 — 1989-02-23|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES International Young Fish Survey.
2. To sample post-larval herring, sprat and eel and make volumetric assessments of krill using the Isaacs Kidd midwater trawl.
3. To take, at each bottom trawling location, surface and bottom temperature and salinity readings and collect nutrient samples.
4. To measure nutrients in situ and investigate various preservation regimes for samples.
5. To make on GOV trawl haul in each rectangle of sub-areas 61, 62, 65 and 66.
6. To replenish stocks of specimens for fish identification courses.
|Chief scientist||W G Parnell (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.15 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 68|
Description: top & bottom 6 with surface S only
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 61|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 61|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 57|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 60|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 60|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 57|