RV Corystes COR10/89
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1989-09-05 — 1989-09-27|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a survey for 0- and 1-group gadoids in the north-western Irish Sea using the Granton Trawl.
2. To carry out a pre-recruit flatfish survey in the eastern Irish Sea using the 4m beam trawl.
3. To investigate the variation in pre-recruit flatfish catch rates over 24 h periods.
4. To extend seawards the North Wales inshore survey already being carried out by charter vessel.
5. To compare the sole catch rates of the 4m beam trawl with those of the 2m beam trawl as used by the charter vessel on the inshore survey.
6. To carry out a pre-recruit flatfish survey in the Bristol Channel using the 4m beam trawl.
7. To compare the catch rates of the 4m beam trawl as used on CORYSTES and the double beamer annually chartered to survey the western English Channel.
|Chief scientist||David J Symonds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.14 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Irish Sea; Bristol Channel; Western English Channel|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 204|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 12|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 192|