RV Corystes COR2/90
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1990-01-26 — 1990-02-02|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Collection of mature female plaice for pheromone studies. Sampling length, weight, gonad weight, urine, gut fluid, bile, mucus, blood, ovarian fluid and gonads.
2. Collection of mature female dabs for pheromone studies. Sampling as for plaice.
3. Collection of uncontaminated samples of urine, milt and blood from male flounders and plaice.
4. Collection of plaice pituitaries for gonadotrophin isolation.
5. Collection of marine fish tissues for magnetite studies.
6. Collection of fish for AEP2.
|Chief scientist||Alexander Pickering Scott (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.05 MB)|
|Specific||Hinder Ground/Brown Ridge.|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of stations = 9|
Description: live fish samples together with samples of urine and plasma