RV Corystes COR11/90
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1990-10-12 — 1990-10-22|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a pre-recruit flatfish survey in the eastern Irish Sea using the 4m beam trawl.
2. To carry out a pre-recruit gadoid survey in the north western Irish Sea using the Granton trawl.
3. To tag soles off the North Wales cast and the River Ribble (Conwy).
4. To carry out a pre-recruit flatfish survey in the Bristol Channel using the 4m beam trawl.
5. To investigate the distribution and abundance of pre-recruit plaice and sole off the Irish Coast.
Additional late aims:
6. To catch and land live scallops Dr A Beaumont (Menai Bridge Laboratory).
7. To return live sole to augment the broodstock (Conwy Laboratory).
|Chief scientist||Michael Joseph Waldock (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 10|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 10|
|Other chemical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 18|
Description: various chemical analyses
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 70|
Description: 13 Granton tows, 23 stations flatfish survey, 34 beam trawls.
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of surveys = 1|
Description: fish disease survey