FRV Scotia 0490S_2
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (749S)|
|Cruise period||1990-05-01 — 1990-05-11|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To investigate the distribution of hydrocarbons in sediments at the Argyll , Duncan and Innes developments prior to their abandonment and to provide a baseline for subsequent sea bed recovery monitoring.
2. To investigate the distribution of hydrocarbons in sediments in the Fulmar/Auk development area and to assess the physiological and biochemical status of fish along a gradient from the production facilities to open sea "clean" areas.
3. To investigate the distribution of hydrocarbons in sediments and fish along a gradient from the Fulmar field to Firth of Forth.
4. To investigate the distribution of sediment hydrocarbons at selected sites in the Fourth estuary and up to the Bridges.
5. To obtain sediment and fish samples from the Kingston Hudds ground.
6. To obtain fish samples from one of the Lothian sewage disposal grounds following up the physiological and biochemical studies initiated last year.
All the objectives were successfully completed.
|Chief scientist||Alistair D McIntosh (Scottish Office Agriculture and Fisheries Department Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Specific||Northern North Sea|
|Petroleum residues||Quantity: number of samples = 286|
|Contaminants in organisms||Quantity: number of stations = 20|