RV Corystes COR2/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1992-01-28 — 1992-02-06|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. 200 tagged plaice to be released at 5 stations over a 24-hour period. Aim abandoned due to the lack of suitable fish for tagging.
2. Trials of new pressure telemetry tag, switched mode prototype tag, etc.
3. Re-evaluate the Scanner during a short tag training exercise (about 24 hours). If the trials are successful and without compromising the programme, a 3-man BBC team will be available at short notice to film a portion of the tracking exercise.
4. Assess an ADCP system, and to determine if it can be used in conjunction with the Scanner (conflicting operating frequencies).
5. Deploy a Granton trawl and investigate the effects of the door backstrop attachment point on the wing-end distance and headline height, and the performance of the Scanmar net telemetry system.
6. Evaluate the EG&G software, and the Continuous Logging software.
7. Compare the sensor data from Chelsea and Guildine flow cells.
8. Evaluate the RoxAnn sea-bed discrimination system (if delivered in time for the cruise). Aims 4 and 8 could not be completed due to the ADCP and RoxAnn seabed evaluation systems not arriving on time.
|Chief scientist||Michael H Beach (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.20 MB)|
|Specific||Chiefly Southern North Sea|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Description: Gear trials cruise|