RV Corystes COR5/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1992-04-14 — 1992-04-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To sample and examine dab and other demersal fish for diseases in support of the National Monitoring Plan (NMP) and North Sea Task Force (NTSF) programmes.
2. To sample dab livers for analytical chemistry and histology from selected stations in the North Sea and Liverpool Bay.
3. To collect samples of demersal fish in support of NMP and Environmental Quality Objectives Programmes.
4. To collect samples of herring for Ichthyophonus examination.
5. To collect samples of whiting for the presence of Diclidophora merlangi.
6. To collect sediment and water samples for bacterial and chemical analysis in support of NMP and NTSF programmes.
7. To collect serum samples from Dab and Flounder for antibody testing.
|Chief scientist||D Bucke (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Fish Disease Laboratory Weymouth)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, English Channel, S W Approaches and Liverpool Bay|
|Other chemical oceanographic measurements||Description: At NMP sites visited|
|Suspended matter||Description: At NMP sites visited|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic bacteria/micro-organisms||Description: At NMP sites visited|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 42|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 42|
Description: Granton trawls.