RV Corystes COR14/92
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1992-12-10 — 1992-12-20|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct a post-dredging survey at an experimental site off Norfolk, using Hamon grab, scallop dredge, side-scan sonar and underwater camera sledge.
2. To sample the sediments and benthos at NSTF sites in the south-eastern North Sea, along with sediments in the Elbe, by grab, core and trawl.
3. To sample the sediments and benthos at NMP/NSTF sites in the English Channel using grab and trawl.
4. To conduct surveys of sediments and litter at the Isle of Wight, Exeter and Plymouth sewage-sludge disposal sites using grab and beam trawl.
5. To collect meiofauna samples from gravel substrates off Norfolk.
6. To collect flatfish from the German Bight for contaminant analyses.
7. To test and 'ground-truth' the Roxann sediment discrimination system.
|Chief scientist||Hubert Llewelyn Rees (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
|Specific||North Sea, English Channel.|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 17|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 13|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 124|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of surveys = 3|
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
Description: underwater camera