RV Cirolana CIR3/93
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1993-03-02 — 1993-03-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a trawl survey of the western Celtic Sea.
2. To sample juvenile fish.
3. To collect Bass samples for maturity studies.
4. To collect ovary samples for fecundity studies of any large mackerel that are caught. No suitable large mackerel were caught.
5. To obtain data on stomach contents to supplement the data collected in previous years.
6. To obtain data on development rates of eggs of selected fish species.
7. To obtain megrim ovaries for fecundity studies.
|Chief scientist||Brian W Jones (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.20 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Specific||SW Ireland, SW Approaches, Northern Biscay|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 61|
Description: Catch survey
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: Recruitment & maturity studies|