RV Corystes COR1A/93
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1993-01-08 — 1993-01-16|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Trials with RoxAnn seabed evaluator - evaluation of system using camera sled (TV and still cameras) and day grab.
2. Trials with the ADCP and E, G&G 400kHz Sidescan sonar - evaluation and familiarisation and identification of any operational problems.
3. Trials with SRD gear marker and SM600 sonar - range tests and case of location.
4. Sector scanner trials with telemetry pressure tags and switch-mode tag - range and stability trials, and remote control of pulse length.
5. Corystes noise spectra trials in 'loaded' mode - trawl tows past a remote hyrdophone and spectrum analyser in the ships boat at a measured range. Could not be performed due to high winds and adverse sea states.
6. Additional Sector Scanner calibration trials (dependent on time and final outcome of trials). Not possible due to adverse weather conditions.
|Chief scientist||Michael H Beach (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
|Specific||Southern North Sea.|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: gear trials - no data|