RV Corystes COR2B/93
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1993-02-07 — 1993-02-18|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To sample and examine dab and other demersal fish for diseases in support of the NMP programme.
2. To sample dab livers for analytical chemistry, histology and other biomarkers. (FDL, BoC and PML).
3. To collect herring hearts for Ichthyophonus examination.
4. To collect frozen samples of dab for chemical analysis (BoC).
5. To make photographic records of fish diseases.
6. To collect live plaice (FSM-3) and dab (FDL).
1. To collect a frozen sample of 50 whiting for B Gavin (QMC).
2. To sample gadoids and other species for myxosporean parasites.
3. To examine and sample Nephrops for Haematodinium infection.
|Chief scientist||D Bucke (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Fish Disease Laboratory Weymouth)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Specific||Eastern Channel and Western North Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: photographs records of fish diseases were taken for the ICES training guide on fish disease recognition.|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of hauls = 54|
Description: tows made using the Granton trawl were completed in aid of fish disease studies.