RV Corystes COR7/93
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1993-07-13 — 1993-07-25|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To obtain stock indices of abundance for pre-recruit and fishable scallops on the standard Lizard-Eddystone survey grid, using dredges.
2. To carry out comparative fishing trials with commercial French and Newhaven dredges on the Eddystone grounds.
3. To collect biological samples for growth, age, spawning and meat yield studies from: (a) the Cornish fishery (extending south-west to Wolf Rock), (b) the eastern Channel fishery.
4. To conduct a benthos survey on the Fowey-Eddystone fishing grounds, using grabs and dredges in conjunction with RoxAnn and underwater cameras.
5. To collect scallop material, seawater samples and CTD profile data from stations between Wolf Rock and Little Sole Bank, for new collaborative isotope studies with UNCW Menai Bridge.
6. To collect mollusc specimens for the Conchological Society and English Heritage.
7. To collect live anglerfish for FSM2.
|Chief scientist||Peter J Dare (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.14 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytobenthos||Quantity: number of stations = 22|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of stations = 22|
|Molluscs||Quantity: number of hauls = 104|
Description: Scallop dredging
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
Description: underwater camera
|Geology and geophysics|
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Quantity: number of deployments = 3|
Description: ROXANN bottom sediment typing system