RV Cirolana CIR3/94
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1994-02-25 — 1994-03-13|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a trawl survey of the western Celtic Sea. Of the 65 planned stations, 32 were successfully completed, with an additional two trawls made in the Mackerel Box.
2. To sample juvenile fish.
3. To collect Bass samples for maturity studies.
4. To collect, and preserve frozen, any scallops that are caught.
5. To obtain data on stomach contents to supplement the data set collected on earlier cruises.
6. To obtain data on development rates of fish eggs on an opportunistic basis.
7. To obtain megrim ovaries for fecundity studies.
All the aims were successfully accomplished.
|Chief scientist||Brian W Jones (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|Specific||Celtic Sea, W English Channnel|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 48|
Description: surface S only, 34 bottom T (not at, ICES)
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 34|
Description: juvenile fish - bass maturity, stomach contents
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: devlopment rates of fish eggs & megrim ovaries- fecundity|