RV Corystes COR5/94
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1994-05-04 — 1994-05-17|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To sample a grid of stations on the Dogger Bank for a range of contaminants in sediments and benthos.
2. To sample remaining NMP stations in the North Sea for sediments and benthos.
3. To conduct further sampling at an experimentally dredged area off the Norfolk coast, using grab, dredge, side-scan sonar and underwater camera.
4. To obtain samples of fish (for stomach content analysis) and benthos at and neat to aggregate dredging activity off the Humber.
5. To sample the sediments and benthos at the Tyne sewage-sludge disposal site using grab and beam trawl.
6. To sample Horse mussels from the Humber/Wash area for later analyses of contaminants in flesh.
7. To sample the sediments and benthos at Race Bank (a proposed sand extraction area in the Wash.
8. To sample the sediments and benthos at the Docking Shoal (a proposed sand extraction area in the Wash).
9. To collect information of D Bennett (FSM3) on any edible crabs caught during the cruise.
|Chief scientist||Hubert Llewelyn Rees (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Bottom deposits||Description: contaminants in sediments and benthos|
|Contaminants in organisms||Description: horse mussels in the humber/wash area|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 22|
Description: stomach content analysis near sewage sludge site
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of deployments = 6|
Description: underwater TV
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 9|
Description: experimental area off Norfolk
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 313|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: number of deployments = 5|
Description: sampling experimentally dredged area