RV Corystes COR14/94
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1994-11-24 — 1994-12-07|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To test and calibrate the sector scanning sonar transducer following refurbishment.
2. To test the telemetry tag decoder and to test 34kHz transponder.
3. To estimate (for the Data Storage Tag programme) the survival of plaice caught by 4m beam trawl.
4. To estimate (for the Data Storage Tag programme) the effects of tagging at sea with dummy DSTs on survival of plaice caught by 4m beam trawl.
5. To measure pressure on the sea bed with data storage tags to provide test data from known positions for the hydrographic models used in the Data Storage Tag programme.
6. To estimate swimming speed and orientation of place on their pre-spawning migration by simultaneous use of the sector scanning sonar and the ADCP.
|Chief scientist||Julian David Metcalfe (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.33 MB)|
|Specific||Southern North Sea|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 13|
Description: fish (plaice) swimming speed determination
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: activity duration in days = 13|
Description: behavioural studies in plaice
|Taggings||Quantity: activity duration in days = 13|
Description: tests with data storage tags on fish
|Geology and geophysics|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: activity duration in days = 13|
Description: determination of fish swimming speed