Unplanned service interruption - 28 October 2016 15:00 BST - ongoing
Some online delivery is affected
RV Clione CLI12/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1970-09-15 — 1970-10-08|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To moor and recover a network of 9 current meter stations extending from Anglesey to the Irish coast
and the "Midway" station of the Eastern Irish Sea network. (See attached map)
2. To measure currents at 4 metre intervals throughout the water column for at least one tidal cycle at a station inside the Kish Bank.
3. To monitor by means of serial observations hydrographic conditions between the moored stations.
4. To pick up from Portavogie and Port Erin the surface buoys that went a drift last year and a sub-surface buoy from Aberdaron on the Lleyn peninsula in North Wales.
5. To test a new release hook, the ability of the acoustic release system to cut an instrument wire and the addition of a pressure transducer to the data recording system.
6. On behalf of the "Working Party" on the disposal of sewage sludge in Liverpool Bay:
i. To change the moored current meters at the Mid-Grid buoy.
ii. For 12.5 hours after the releases of activated sludge on 22 and 25 September,
to measure tidal currents, salinity and temperature throughout the water column
in the vicinity of the release.
iii. To collect water samples from the stations of the Main Sampling Grid for subsequent salinity and nutrient analysis and for Dr Burrows' Bioassay programme.
|Chief scientist||John W Ramster (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.48 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 131|
Description: bottom 40 bottom only
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 9|
Description: 12 days using PRCM,also DRCM as check
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 650|
Description: incl.450 bottom
|Oxygen||Quantity: number of stations = 37|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|