RV Cirolana CIR6/95
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1995-07-04 — 1995-07-25|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct monitoring studies at stations established under the UK National Monitoring Programme (NMP).
2. To collect water samples for the analysis of HCHs along a transect through the Channel, as part of the continuing monitoring following the loss of MV Perintis in 1989.
3. To collect water samples from coastal and estuarine areas for surfactant analysis.
4. To collect water samples from areas of high shipping intensity for analysis of tributylin.
5. To collect water and sediment samples from marina areas for analysis of Irgarol 1051, a herbicide used in antifouling paints.
6. To collect samples of water and fish from the vicinity of gas fields in the Southern North Sea for analysis of linear alkylbenzenes.
7. To evaluate a microcolumn method for the analysis of trace metals in seawater.
|Chief scientist||Robin John Law (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Project||National Monitoring Programme|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, English Channel, Irish Sea|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 20|
Description: continous T & S
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 109|
Description: surface S only surface T & S
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 49|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of profiles = 51|
Description: handheld STD from small boat
|Trace metals||Quantity: number of stations = 54|
|Chlorinated hydrocarbons||Quantity: number of stations = 99|
|Other dissolved substances|