RV Cirolana CIR8/95
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1995-09-15 — 1995-10-05|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the North Sea, English Channel and Irish Sea in support of UK National Monitoring Plan (NMP), Environmental Quality Objective Programmes and EC Fish Products Directive.
2. To deploy fractionation/biossay techniques on water samples from offshore and estuarine locations for organic chemical analysis and biological effects studies.
3. To collect sediment samples along a transect from the Humber - Dogger Bank - German Bight for use in the development and evaluation of sediment bioassays.
4. To collect fish samples for fish disease and genetic toxicological analysis (e.g. DNA adducts) at NMP sites.
5. To further investigate the use of biochemical/physiological and cytochemical techniques in support of NMP.
6. To carry out Hamon/Day grab sampling from marine aggregate extraction sites off the Wash for the identification and enumeration of benthos.
|Chief scientist||John Edward Thain (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, German Bight, Norwegian Trench, Irish Sea and Channel|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: no details have been given for this cruise.|