RV Cirolana CIR7A/97
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1997-08-12 — 1997-08-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||South Shields, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||This cruise was in 2 parts. Part 1: 12-26 Aug; Part 2: 26 Aug - 07 Sep 1997.
1. To carry out a groundfish survey of the North Sea using a standard GOV trawl in order to obtain information on:
a) distribution, size composition and abundance of all fish species;
b) age-length distribution of selected species;
c) distribution of macrobenthos and anthopogenic debris;
d) surface and bottom temperature and salinity data using reversing bottles;
f) length-weight information using individual fish measurements.
2. To collect material for fish identification courses (T. Watson, CEFAS Lowestoft).
3. To preserve material from diseased fish (S. Feist, CEFAS Weymouth).
4. To investigate starfish damage as an indicator of trawling intensity (M. Kaiser, CEFAS Conwy).
5. To collect and process surface sea water for the analysis of Tc-99 and Cs radionuclides as part of the post EARP survey (A1210).
6. To obtain samples for molecular marker studies (R. Millner, CO135).
|Chief scientist||John H Nichols (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.39 MB)|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 82|
Description: Top & bottom only, 1 with S only (the 82 stations are split between part 1 and part 2 of the cruise).