RV Ernest Holt 1B/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1970-01-12 — 1970-01-21|
|Port of departure||Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect live plaice and flounder for genetic, hatchery and
2. To collect pituitary glands from mature cod.
3. To attempt pituitary-induced spawning at sea.
4. To collect live sole, dab, turbot, and lemon sole for Mr Thacker.
5. To make chromosome preparation of gadoids.
6. To collect cod blood samples for Dr Jamieson.
7. To collect a sample of dab from the Moray Firth for Mr C Lee.
8. To collect and preserve codling and haddock for Mr Trout.
9. To collect plaice and sole heads for Dr Shelbourne.
10. To collect 100 starfish and 20 small plaice for Radiobiology Section.
|Chief scientist||Colin E Purdom (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 27|
Description: for lab.studies
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|