Unplanned service interruption - 28 October 2016 15:00 BST - ongoing
Some online delivery is affected
FRV Clupea 0698C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1998-04-14 — 1998-04-30|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To undertake grab surveys to collect seabed sediment samples from the Bell Rock and St Abb's Head sewage sludge disposal sites, and from areas adjacent to both sites, for microbiological analysis on FRV Clupea, and for physical, chemical and biological analyses in the Marine Laboratory, Aberdeen (MLA).
2. To undertake Agassiz trawl surveys to collect benthic epifauna samples from the areas outlined above, for identification and enumeration of the predominant species and items of litter on FRV Clupea.
3. To undertake underwater television surveys to investigate the benthic epifauna in the areas outlined above, for identification and enumeration of the predominant species in MLA.
4. To map the seabed bathymetry and sediment types in the Middle Bank area of the Firth of Forth, using RoxAnn.
5. To undertake a side-scan sonar survey in the Middle Bank area, to determine the nature and distribution of significant seabed features (eg natural outcrops of rock).
6. To undertake a transmissometer survey in the Middle Bank area, to investigate the levels of turbidity.
7. To collect seawater samples from the Middle Bank area, for measurement of suspended solids levels and phytoplankton analysis in MLA.
8. To undertake grab and corer surveys to collect seabed sediment samples from the Middle Bank area, for physical, chemical and biological analyses in MLA.
9. To undertake an Agassiz trawl survey to collect benthic epifauna samples from the Middle Bank area, for identification and enumeration of the predominant species on FRV Clupea.
10. To undertake an underwater television survey to investigate the benthic epifauna in the Middle Bank area, for identification and enumeration of the predominant species in MLA.
|Chief scientist||Derek Saward (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.44 MB)|
|Specific||Bell Rock, St Abb's Head, Middle Bank area of Firth of Forth|
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)||Quantity: number of stations = 17|
|Suspended matter||Quantity: number of samples = 57|
Description: Duplicate water samples collected for suspended solids measurements.
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 18|
Description: Agassiz trawl.
|Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.||Description: RoxAnn survey of the Middle Bank survey area.|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of stations = 129|
Description: Day grabs.
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 17|
Description: Gravity cores do determine the depth of any superficial silt of clay deposits.
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of deployments = 44|
Description: Towed underwater television.
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Description: Side-scan survey was completed at the Middle Bank.|
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Description: RoxAnn survey of the Middle Bank survey area.|