RV Cirolana CIR3B/98
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1998-06-19 — 1998-07-09|
|Port of departure||Swansea, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the North Sea, English Channel and Irish Sea in support of UK National Monitoring Plan (NMP) and Environmental Quality Objective Programmes and EC Fish Product Directive.
2. To deploy fractionation/bioassay techniques on water samples from offshore and near shore/estuarine locations for chemical analysis of organics and biological effects studies.
3. To collect samples along a transect from the Dogger Bank - German Bight for use in the development and evaluation of sediment bioassays. Additional samples to be taken as appropriate at NMP and estuarine sites.
4. To collect fish samples at NMP sites, for fish disease and genetic toxicological analysis (e.g. DNA adducts).
5. To further investigate the use of appropriate biochemical, cytochemical and other biological techniques in support of NMP.
6. To collect fish, sediments and water from selected NMP stations and dredge spoil sites for noylphenol analysis.
7. Bathymetric survey of area 107 (an aggregate extraction area).
|Chief scientist||John Edward Thain (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.19 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Irish Sea, Celtic Sea, English Channel and North Sea|
|Track charts||(0.13 MB)|