Planned maintenance — 26th November 2016 between 15:00 and 15:30 BST [more]
FRV Clupea 0496C_1
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1996-03-11 — 1996-03-15|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Objectives - Part 1:
1. To monitor the performance of the new Dual Methot plankton sampler.
2. To test new gear instrumentation, including CEDRIC (cod-end diameter recorder), head-line height monitor, deck-tension meters and combined load-cell and depth meter.
3. Deploy and recover 6 m spar buoy fitted with GPS receivers and UHF transmitter.
4. To monitor the performance of standard and small Isaac-Kydd (IKMT) depressors.
5. Test "oil-rig" plankton sampler.
|Chief scientist||Gordon G Urquhart (Scottish Office Agriculture Environment and Fisheries Department Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.07 MB)|
|Specific||Cromarty and Moray Firth|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Gear research||Description: Monitoring the performance of a variety of equipment and testing new gear instrumentation.|