FV Silver Star 1/87
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FV Silver Star (74W5)|
|Cruise period||1987-03-23 — 1987-04-02|
|Port of departure||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths of commercial species.
3. To obtain accurate gutted weight data of all plaice and sole selected for otoliths samples.
4. To obtain mesh selection data.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted fish for contaminant trend analysis work by A Franklin (Burnham).
6. To collect blood samples from fish for comparative protein studies by R J Turner.
7. To collect broodstock sole for use at the Conwy Fisheries Experiment Station.
|Chief scientist||C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.05 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||North east Irish Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 24|
Description: groundfish survey. Stratified samples of otoliths taken from