FRV Clupea 0586C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1986-04-02 — 1986-04-22|
|Port of departure||Greenock, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Buckie, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To determine trawl catch rates and Nephrops size and sex composition on grounds in the Clyde, South and North Minches.
2. To obtain underwater television and photographic records of Nephrops burrows in the same areas.
3. To study variations in Nephrops catch at different times of the day and night.
4. To study Nephrops distribution and population parameters in relation to sediment characteristics.
5. To determine trawl catch rates and Pandalus size and sex composition on the Fladen grounds.
6. To observe Pandalus and its reaction to trawl gear.
7. To take sediment samples for pollution analysis in the Upper Clyde.
|Chief scientist||F Godfrey Howard (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 33|
Description: made using the 22mm Prawn trawl.
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 30|
Description: Sediment grab samples sent for particle size and organic carbon analysis.
|Bottom photography||Description: Towed underwater sledge mounted with TV and still cameras .|