FRV Clupea 0682C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1982-06-21 — 1982-07-30|
|Port of departure||Buckie, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To sample the Nephrops populations in all major Nephrops fishing areas, and to obtain basic biometric parameters of each population.
2. To examine, using underwater television and cameras, Nephrops communities in the Sound of Jura and the Clyde.
3. To examine, using underwater television and cameras the areas in and adjacent to the sewage sludge dumping grounds off Garroch Head.
4. To collect samples of sediment from the dumping ground for benthic and chemical analysis.
5. To collect water samples from specified positions for analysis of radio-caesium contamination.
6. To collect live specimens of lesser spotted dogfish for the Institute of Marine Biochemistry.
7. To collect samples of sediment from Garroch Head dumping ground for microbiological analysis.
|Chief scientist||F Godfrey Howard (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Specific||W. Coast Scotland|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Sediment traps||Quantity: number of deployments = 4|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 40|
Description: Nephrops trawl hauls.
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 12|
Description: grab hauls, with sediment samples taken for analysis.
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of track lines = 9|
Description: transects over dump using camera sledge.