FRV Clupea 0485C_2
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1985-04-06 — 1985-04-16|
|Port of departure||Troon, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Ullapool, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To determine catch rates, size composition and maturity of Nephrops in the South and North Minches.
2. To determine catch rates and species composition of fish by-catches in these areas.
3. To study growth of Nephrops in different parts of the South and North Minches.
4. To study the incidence of the Nephrops gut parasite Stichocotyle nephropis in these areas.
5. To obtain mud samples for particle size, shear stress, organic carbon and faunal analysis.
6. To test a 20fm Nephrops trawl fitted with a separator panel.
|Chief scientist||Colin J Chapman (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Specific||South Arran/Ballantrae Bank/South and North Minches|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 13|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 26|
Description: grab samples for particle size, organic carbon and faunal analysis.