RV Aora 0799H
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Aora (74AO)|
|Cruise period||1999-08-09 — 1999-08-25|
|Port of departure||Port Ellen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Port Ellen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To observe, by the use of divers and underwater video, the action of the scallop dredges.
2. To measure the efficiency of the dredges.
3. To attempt to identify the mechanisms governing the scallop dredge selection process.
4. To collect data on numbers of damaged scallops missed by the dredges.
5. To assess, by underwater television techniques, the recessing rates of scallops that had been disturbed by the gear.
6. To collect scallop samples for toxin analysis.
|Chief scientist||G I Sangster (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Contaminants in organisms||Description: Scallop samples collected for toxin analysis.|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Molluscs||Quantity: number of hauls = 38|
Description: Scallop dredge.
|Gear research||Description: Measuring the efficiency of the scallop dredges.|