RV Lough Foyle LF/07/89
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1989-02-20 — 1989-02-24|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||NW Irish Sea scallop stocks
1. To carry out sea trials with new scallop gear using RV Lough Foyle.
2. To dredge scallop grounds sampled in previous charter cruises around County Down coast from Carnlough to Ardglass and measure the following population parameters:
a) catch per unit effort
b) age composition
c) weight, height and length of individual scallops.
3. Collect selected samples of scallop abductor muscle tissue for future metal analysis.
4. Fix samples of gonad tissue for histological study.
5. Identify and quantify macrofauna associated with Pecten maximus.
6. Perform sea trials with Day Grab.
7. Continue wotk on the installation and calibration of acoustic equipment.
|Chief scientist||Richard P Briggs (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.15 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||NW Irish Sea|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Molluscs||Description: trials of scallop gear and collection of scallop data|