RV Lough Foyle LF/16/90
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1990-10-30 — 1990-11-08|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Irish Sea VIIA juvenile gadoid survey
All trawling operations to be carried out during daylight hours.
1. To record the distribution of juvenile Gadoids and other species at the 29 Irish Sea sampling stations successfully trawled in June 1990.
2. To identify and trawl four replacement stations for those found to be unsuitable in the June survey.
3. To identify and trawl additional juventile Gadoid trawl stations, with depth and substrata combinations not previously sampled, in any cruise time remaining after the achievement of objective 1 and 2.
4. To collect sufficient otoliths from the juvenile gadoids taken in the catches, to produce an age/length key for the juveniles of each species.
5. To collect otoliths form adult Hake Merluccius merluccius L., for winter growth zone staining experiments.
|Chief scientist||William J McCurdy (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Irish Sea and North Channel|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of stations = 29|
Description: Young fish survey.