RV Lough Foyle LF/30/93
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1993-11-14 — 1993-11-19|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Irish Sea larval herring survey
1. To investigate the distribution and abundance of herring larvae in the Irish Sea and thus aid the assessment of the herring spawning biomass.
2. To collect larvae for otolith microstructure analysis and validation experiments (work carried out by Dr A. Geffen0.
3. To investigate the patchiness of catches at one station over a 24 hour period
4. To collect individual larvae for shrinkage analysis.
5. To collect samples of larvae for carbon and nitrogen analysis.
6. To further improve the ichthyoplankton survey methods on Lough Foyle.
|Chief scientist||Mark Dickey-Collas (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.14 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Track charts||(0.01 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 27|
Description: Distribution and abundance of herring larvae using high speed plankton sampler.