RV Lough Foyle LF/33/97
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1997-08-06 — 1997-08-13|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||The objectives of this cruise were to estimate phytoplankton production and copepod grazing and undertake mooring recovery and servicing. Detailed objectives were to:
1. Quantify phytoplankton production in tow size fractions (whole and < 5.0um).
2. Estimate copepod grazing.
3. Collect samples of phytoplankton and zooplankton for species identification and enumeration.
4. Collect sediment samples for the determination of sediment pigment concentration.
5. Collect water samples for the determination of particulate aluminium, particulate organic carbon and nitrogen and dissolved inorganic nutrients.
6. Recover the CEFAS Liverpool Bay moorings, recover DANI particle trap mooring and biological sampler and service the automated sampler mooring.
|Chief scientist||Richard Gowen (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Western Irish Sea and Liverpool Bay.|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of recoveries = 1|
Description: CEFAS moorings were recovered and offloaded in Liverpool.
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: activity duration in days = 1|
Description: Sampling for zooplankton over a period of 24 hours.