RV Corystes COR10/03
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||2003-07-26 — 2003-08-08|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||To undertake a beam trawl survey in the southern North Sea and eastern Channel as part of an ICES co-ordinated research programme:
1. To obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species.
2. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age, of commercial species.
3. To derive age compositions of commercial flatfish, whilst at sea, for use in stock assessment.
4. To carry out sampling to satisfy the requirements of the EU data regulations.
5. To identify the epibenthos by-catch taken in the 4-metre beam trawl.
6. To carry out detailed survey of sole distribution in selected areas of VIId and Ivc.
|Chief scientist||John Dann (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.17 MB)|
|Track charts||(00 MB) (00 MB)|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 106|
Description: SD204 mini CTD fitted to trawl.
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of stations = 106|
Description: 4m beam trawl.