FRV Clupea 0603C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||2003-04-01 — 2003-04-10|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct engineering performance measurements on the RCTV to determine the towing characteristics of 25 mm and 27 mm umbilical cables.
2. To assess the effect on RCTV towing performance by attaching depressor weights at various points along the umbilical cable.
3. To monitor the effect on RCTV towing depth of variable-angle depressors fitted to the upper and lower vehicle frame.
4. To test new methods of mounting self-recording video systems onto the trawl, including a new video gen-locking system.
5. To carry out underwater observations on different cod-end, extension and square mesh panel rigging configurations.
6. To provide RCTV operator training to manoeuvre the RCTV in and around the trawl.
7. To test new survival cover auto-winch.
|Chief scientist||Robert J Kynoch (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Gear research||Description: Gear trials.|