FV Silver Star 3/83
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FV Silver Star (74W5)|
|Cruise period||1983-10-15 — 1983-10-25|
|Port of departure||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Conwy, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths of commercial species.
3. To sample stomach contents of a range of species for use with multi-species assessment models.
4. To accurately weigh all plaice selected for otolith samples.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted fish, for A Franklin (Burnham-on-Crouch), for contaminant trend analysis.
6. To obtain mesh selection data.
|Chief scientist||C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.06 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||North east Irish Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of stations = 23|
Description: Groundfish survey