FRV Clupea 1604C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||2004-10-27 — 2004-11-12|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To undertake fish and sediment sampling in the Clyde and Minch areas in support of the temporal trend and biomarker monitoring studies.
2. To undertake sampling of flounder in St Andrews Bay and the upper Firth of Forth.
3. To sample Buccinum in support of the DEFRA TBT effects survey.
4. To undertake sampling of flounder from the upper Clyde on behalf of SEPA West.
5. To sample fish livers for Glasgow Caledonian University macroarray assay.
6. To investigate potential fish sampling areas around south Arran.
7. To collect bulk sediment in Kilbrannan Sound on behalf of QUASIMEME.
8. To collect sediment samples from outer Forth and Clyde estuaries.
|Chief scientist||Alistair D McIntosh (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
|Specific||Clyde and Minch areas; St. Andrews Bay; upper Firth of Forth; south Arran; Kilbrannan Sound|
|Chlorinated hydrocarbons||Quantity: number of samples = 50|
Description: sediments for PAH analysis.
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of hauls = 11|
Description: Agassiz trawls.
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 13|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 30|
Description: sediment samples.