Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||Prince Madog (74PD)|
|Cruise period||1984-09-17 — 1984-09-21|
|Port of departure||Menai Bridge, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Menai Bridge, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Carry out a detailed sedimentological survey of the dredged spoil dumpsites (new and old sites Z), the mouth of the Mersey and the Burbo Bight by coring and grabbing.
2. Carry out a seismic survey of the area to the south and east of the sewage sludge dumpsite and around site Z.
3. Sample near bed suspended particles for chemical and mineralogical analysis.
4. Collect samples of Pectinaria and Abra for chemical analysis from the vicinity of site Z, the Burbo Bight and Redwharf Bay.
5. Make current meter measurements in Burbo Bight area using a DRCM.
6. Determine the distribution of animals with depth at the dredged spoil dumpsite, the Burbo Bight and Redwharf Bay.
7. Determine the downcore distribution of acid volatile sulphides at site Z, the Burbo Bight and Redwharf Bay.
|Chief scientist||Steven M Rowlatt (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Water bottle stations||Description: unspecified number of water bottle stations worked for near bed suspended particulate matter.|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 28|
Description: grab samples collected for sedimentalogical analysis.
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 10|
Description: cores analysed for chemical, radiochemical and faunal analysis.