RV Cefas Endeavour 16/05
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2005-10-12 — 2005-10-23|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To use acoustic & fishing survey methods to estimate the abundance and distribution of lesser sandeels (Ammodytes marinus) on sandeel fishing grounds on the North West Riff (Dogger Bank) & The Hills.
2. To use fishing survey methods to estimate the abundance and distribution of predatory fish feeding on sandeels on the sandeel fishing grounds on the North West Riff & The Hills.
3. To search for fish tagged during cruise END 05/05.
4. To use fishing survey methods (Bongo net) to estimate the abundance and distribution of plankton on the sandeel fishing grounds on the North West Riff & The Hills.
5. To collect tissue samples from predatory fish for stable isotope analysis.
6. To use the dredge-mounted camera to assess seabed occupancy by sandeels during the day.
7. To collect samples of Ammodytes marinus for fatty acid analysis.
|Chief scientist||David Andrew Righton (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Specific||North West Riff (Dogger Bank) and The Hills|