RV Cefas Endeavour 3/06
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2006-01-28 — 2006-02-10|
|Port of departure||Falmouth, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To conduct a plankton survey using a 76cm Gulf VII plankton sampler to determine the distribution and abundance of cod (Gadus morhua), haddock (Melanogrammus aeglifinus) and plaice (Pleuronectes platessa) eggs.
2. To remove fish eggs from fresh plankton samples at sea. To measure, stage and preserve these eggs in ethanol prior to species identification using a DNA technique on return to the laboratory.
3. To collect a surface nutrient sample at each of the sampling stations.
4. To collect surface chlorophyl samples every five sampling stations.
5. To collect supplementary sub-surface environmental data using a self-logging package carried on the Gulf VII plankton samplers.
6. To collect comparison ring net and PUP net samples for validation of the species selection characteristics of the PUP samplers.
|Chief scientist||Stephen Paul Milligan (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|