RV Cefas Endeavour 9/06
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2006-04-07 — 2006-04-16|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To use a 2m beam trawl to collect representative samples of benthic organisms on the sandeel fishing grounds on the North West Riff & The Hills.
2. To use fishing and acoustic survey methods to estimate the habitat occupancy of sandeels on the same grounds.
3. To use established survey methods to estimate the abundance and distribution of plankton on the sandeel fishing grounds on the North West Riff & The Hills.
4. To use the 'CEFAS dredge cam' to determine the correct warp: depth ratio for optimal fishing performance of the sandeel dredge.
5. To develop methods for collection and sampling of large gelatinous plankton/nekton.
6. To collect representative samples of sandeels for fatty acid analysis (FAA).
|Chief scientist||David Andrew Righton (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|