RV Corystes COR14A/96 part 2
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise identifier||COR14A/96 part 2|
|Cruise period||1996-10-29 — 1996-11-10|
|Port of departure||Folkestone, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Brighton, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||This cruise was in 3 parts. Part 1: 25-28 Oct; Part 2: 29 Oct - 10 Nov; Part 3: 11-14 Nov.
Aims of Part 2
1. To obtain stock indices of abundance for pre-recruit and marketable scallops on the standard survey grids on the Fowey - Eddystone, Lyme Bay, Wolf Rock and S. Eddystone grounds.
2. To compare gear selectivity between French dredges rigged with current commercial sized meshes and with larger meshes.
3. To collect scallop material for studies of glycogen utilisation by OSL Menai Bridge.
4. To collect scallops and obtain CTD profiles at Haddock Bank for scallop ageing studies. No work was possible at Haddock Bay.
5. To collect samples of Arctica for Dr. Dickson - temperature records from shell growth rings, and OSL Menai Bridge - internal parasites.
|Chief scientist||Peter Walker (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.21 MB)|
|Specific||Western English Channel|
|CTD stations||Description: at Haddock Bank for scallop ageing studies|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 7|
Description: exploratory trawling
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of stations = 34|
Description: Scallop stock assessment
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of hauls = 17|
Description: crustacea dredging