RV Clione CLI6/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1972-05-01 — 1972-05-10|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To resurvey the area of known dredging activity south of Hastings using the ARL Scanner.
2. With RV Tellina to monitor the physical and. faunal changes that have occurred subsequent to dredging in a number of pits on the shingle bank including the experimental pit.
3. To monitor water movements in the bottom of the experimental pit.
4. To evaluate the wind/water drag characteristics of the Lowestoft spar-buoy.
5. To investigate the depth-stability of seabed drifters equipped with acoustic tags by ARL scanners.
6. To test the Lowestoft shear-velocity current meter array.
|Chief scientist||Robert R Dickson (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.36 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 1|
Description: 1 day;direct reading
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
|Occasional standard measurements|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|
|Geology and geophysics|