FRV Clupea 0804C Part 2
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise identifier||0804C Part 2|
|Cruise period||2004-05-17 — 2004-05-28|
|Port of departure||Rosyth, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To undertake Agassiz (objective abandoned), underwater television (UWT), grab and RoxAnn (objective abandoned) surveys of the Guillam Bank and Sutors dredged material disposal sites to assess the condition of the seabed, identify the predominant benthic epifauna species and the distribution of man-made debris.
2. To undertake Agassiz (restricted to Firth of Forth), underwater television (UWT), grab and RoxAnn surveys of the Aberdeen, Montrose, Firth of Forth and Eyemouth dredged material disposal sites.
3. To collect fish and biota samples for biological effects measurements using bottom trawl at Guillam Bank, Aberdeen, St Andrews Bay, Largo Bay and Firth of Forth disposal sites. Sample preparation and preservation will be undertaken onboard Clupea.
4. The biological effects samples for objective 3 will be measured for EROD, PAH and PCBs, PAH metabolites and TBT. Particle size and organic carbon will also be undertaken.
5. Sediment samples for Objectives 1, 2 and 6 will be analysed for heavy metals (limited) PCBs (limited), PAHs and TBT back in Aberdeen. Particle size and organic carbon will also be undertaken.
6. To collect 120 KGs of sediment from the Firth of Forth for Quasimeme. (Additional objective).
|Chief scientist||James C McKie (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|Specific||Aberdeen, Montrose, Firth of Forth, Eyemouth, Guillam Bank, St. Andrews Bay|
|Trace metals||Quantity: number of samples = 41|
Description: Grab samples for trace metal analysis
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of hauls = 5|
Description: Agassiz trawls for abundance of macrobenthos
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 14|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of samples = 1|
Description: Nephrops sample
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of stations = 204|
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of track lines = 16|
Description: Under water television transects
|Other geological/geophysical measurements||Description: RoxAnn survey|