RV Corella 7/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1972-04-26 — 1972-05-04|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Larval survey and echo survey to determine centres of concentration
of larvae, juvenile and adult fish.
2. Fishing survey for small and young fish;
(i) to estimate density
(ii) to examine stomach contents.
3. Vertical distribution studies on larval fish and other plankters.
4. Collections of Sagitta and Pleurobrachia.
5. Comparisons of plankton sampling gear;
(a) 20" Lowestoft sampler vs Dutch 20" sampler,
(b) 20" Lowestoft sampler vs 20" unencased sampler,
(c) 20" unencased sampler, 12" sampler at 2 and 5 knots.
6. Estimates of chlorophyll;
(a) using Turner fluoromoter at sea,
(b) collection of samples for analysis by spectrophotometer.
7. Hydrographic measurements of surface temperature and salinity.
|Chief scientist||Derek Harding (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.21 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 34|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Description: estimates,continuously|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 44|