RV Ernest Holt 6/69
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1969-05-28 — 1969-06-19|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To count phytoflagellates in the Barents Sea, set up cultures and make direct preparations for electron microscopy.
2. To trawl for a wide variety of species of fish for pineal gland studies.
3. To collect plankton samples, and core samples, for Foraminifera for Dr Wiseman, British Museum.
4. To collect ray parasites for Dr Kearn, University of East Anglia.
5. To collect krill for deep freezing for fish food.
6. To sample for dinoflagellates along the north east coast of England.
7. To measure cod in the Hjelmsoy Bank area.
|Chief scientist||N Reynolds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Instrumented wave measurements|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Biochemical measurements (eg lipids, amino acids)||Quantity: number of samples = 7000|
Description: pineal glands from: cod, haddock and coalfish
|Biochemical measurements (eg lipids, amino acids)||Quantity: number of samples = 138|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 3|
Description: 24hour diurnal observations; 150 samples of phytoflagellates prepared for elcotron microscopy
|Zooplankton||Description: dinoflagellates sampled|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of samples = 467|
Description: cod measured
|Routine standard measurements||Description: synoptic observations|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of stations = 2|