RV Ernest Holt 11A/69
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1969-12-01 — 1969-12-05|
|Port of return||Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect live plaice for genetic and hatchery use.
2. To collect pituitary glands from mature cod.
3. To attempt pituitary-induced spawning of plaice at sea.
4. To collect offshore water for the laboratory.
5. To make chromosome preparations of cod, whiting and other gadoids.
6. To collect live soles (smallish) for Mr Bromley.
7. To collect blood samples (20 per station) for Dr Jamieson.
8. To collect shell glands from rays (thornback and spotted) 2 per
station, for Mr Holden.
9. To collect herring eggs if available for Mr Wallace.
10. To deep freeze mackerel for Mr Bolster.
11. To collect dogfish serum for Professor Alexander.
|Chief scientist||Colin E Purdom (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Other chemical oceanographic measurements||Description: collect offshore water samples|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Biochemical measurements (eg lipids, amino acids)||Description: pituitary glands from cod|
|Biochemical measurements (eg lipids, amino acids)||Quantity: number of samples = 90|
Description: cod blood
|Demersal fish||Description: live plaice collected|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of specimens = 4|
Description: ray shell glands
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: spurdog serum collected|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Description: chromosome preparations for cod, haddock and other gadoids|