RV Tellina 2B/69
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Tellina (74TE)|
|Cruise period||1969-03-10 — 1969-03-19|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To complete standard survey for 0-group and larger flatfish on Sizewell Bank.
2. To use modified standard beam trawls to explore the possibility that flatfish are buried relatively deeply in the seabed at this season.
3. To take standard plankton hauls with a modified 12' townet.
4. To test new plankton nets against the standard 12' townet.
5. To test new mounting for the 100 kHz Echo Sounder designed to act as wing and spread meter for Otter trawl.
6. To catch live fish for hatchery and experimental use.
|Chief scientist||John D Riley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.06 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of specimens|
Description: whiting captured for laboratory use
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of specimens|
Description: plaice and flounders captured for laboratory use
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of surveys = 1|
Description: standard survey for 0-group and larger flatfish